A fantastic collection of Olympic memorabilia, formerly belonging to a member of the 1964 Tokyo Olympics Australian Equestrian Team member, Gillian Elwes.
Elwes was a highly regarded groom for the Australian Olympic Equestrian team in 1964, strapping for Bill Roycroft, a member of one of the most famous Australian equestrian families in the 20th century. Gillian fast became a highly regarded rider and trainer with many horses going on to compete at World Cup and Olympic level, for both Italian and Australian teams. She also joined the committee of some of Australia’s most well-known equestrian events, a well respected dressage judge, Volunteer of the Year Award recipient for her contributions to the equestrian industry and a high-level equestrian competitor.
This group includes the following:
- Elwes' named jacket from the 1964 Olympics
- 2 x 1964 Olympic medals (team official & competitor)
- A group of Olympic badges from various games
- Japanese 1964 1000 & 100 Yen coins (both Uncirculated)
- 1964 Olympic diploma
- Various hand drawings and sketches of the 1964 equestrian circuit
- Three day event medal named to Elwes for 1963
Overall this group makes up a fascinating and important group of Olympic memorabilia from a highly respected member of the Australian equestrian community.
Please note that this lot will incur additional postage charges for international postage.